1. Burrito Benefit, the New York Chapter of Les Dames d'Escoffier will hold a fundraiser to support the organization's Green Tables garden-to-School program on Wednesday, September 27, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., at Chipotle at Union Square, 864 Broadway. Diners may purchase any menu item and drink for a $5 donation (all proceeds go to Green Tables).
2. Wine Week, sample $10 wines for $10 with lunch at eateries in the Smith & Wollensky Restaurant Group, Monday, September 25, through Friday, September 29. Visit nationalwineweek.com for more information.
3. Queens Restaurant Week, partake in three-course prix fixe lunches and dinners for $19.86 at participating Queens restaurants, September 18 to 21 and September 25 to 28 (718.263.0546).
4. The History of Pain Poilâne, The French Institute Alliance Française will present a bread tasting and discussion led by Apollonia Poilâne, granddaughter of Pierre Poilâne, founder of Pain Poilâne, will discuss the history and technique of Paris' famous bread, Thursday, September 28, 7:00 p.m., at Le Skyroom, 22 East 60th Street, 8th floor (between Park & Madison). $40/person (646.388.6669).
5. Grand Central Oyster Frenzy, the Grand Central Oyster Bar will present a three-day oyster extravaganza kicking off with an feast of unlimited oysters on Thursday, September 28, and Friday, September 29, followed by an Oyster Carnival on Saturday, September 30, featuring cooking demonstrations, a shucking competition, and a "slurp off" (for tickets, reservations and information, contact the Grand Central Oyster Bar at email@example.com or 212-490-6650).
6. Portfolio Winetasting, The Fort Greene Park Conservancy will be hold a wine tasting fundraiser to benefit the Conservancy and its initiatives to improve Brooklyn's historic park, Thursday, September 28, 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., at the Brooklyn War Memorial at Cadman Plaza. $75/person general admission; $125/person for a VIP tasting and class held from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. (for tickets or more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org).
7. The Joy of Sake, this sake tasting event -- billed as the largest such event in the U.S. and outside of Japan -- will feature 299 premium sakes paired with dishes from restaurants including wd-50, Bond. St., and Megu, Thursday, September 28, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., at The Puck Building, 295 Lafayette Street. $75/person in advance, $90/person at the door (212.799.7243).
8. For the Love of Sake: David Bouley's Passion, the Japan Society will present a sake tasting event led by chef David Bouley, on Saturday, September 30, at the Japan Society, 333 East 47th Street. A session at 3:30 p.m. is open only to Japan Society members; a 6:30 p.m. session is open to the public. $35/person (212.715.1258).
9. Brooklyn Eats, the 10th annual edition of this tasting event featuring dishes from more than 55 restaurants, will take place on Tuesday, October 3, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, 333 Adams Street. $75/person in advance; $95/person at the door (866.468.7619).
10. Baking the Perfect Loaf of Bread at Home, Sullivan St Bakery's Jim Lahey will teach a course on achieveing baking perfection at home, Sunday, October 1, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The course is the first in a series of pizza, focaccia, and panettone classes being offered throughout October at Sullivan St Bakery, 533 W. 47th Street between 10th and 11th Avenues. $150/person (646.442.2398).
11. How to Make Yourself an Espresso [Big] Shot, learn espresso essentials -- from proper grind texture and packing technique to water temperature, extraction time, and crema color -- in this introductory class, Thursday, September 28, 7:30 p.m., at Joe The Art of Coffee, 9 East 13th Street. $10/person 21st and again on September 28th). $10/person (212.924.7400).