1. Queens Restaurant Week, partake in three-course prix fixe lunches and dinners for $19.86 at participating Queens restaurants, September 18 to 21 and September 25 to 28 (718.263.0546).
2. The Story of Corn, New York University will present a discussion with historian Betty Fussell, author of The Story of Corn, on the role of corn "in conditioning our palates and the rise of the processed food industry," followed by a corn-themed tasting menu, Wednesday, September 20, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at NYU's Torch Club, #18 Waverly Place. $100/person (212.998.7171).
3. Sagra del Maiale, il Buco restaurant will hold its annual outdoor pig festival featuring heritage roast pork, porchetta panini, and more, Thursday, September 21, 12:30 to 7:00 p.m., at il Buco, 47 Bond Street. $7/tasting (212.533.1932).
4. Olive Oil Tasting, Stonehouse California Olive Oil will present a tasting of extra virgin olive oils and dishes and desserts made with olive oil, Friday, September 22, 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., 273 East 10th Street (212.358.8700).
5. Sweet Corn Festival, annual outdoor festival includes hay rides and "Pigtuckey Derby" pig races, Saturday, September 23, and Sunday, September 24, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., at Heaven Hill Farm, 449 Route 94, Vernon, New Jersey (973.764.5144).
6. Greenmarket Cocktail Party, Slow Food NYC will present a celebration of the 30th anniversary of the Greenmarket, featuring Greenmarket-inspired cocktails mixed by Audrey Saunders, on Monday September 25, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., at the Pegu Club, 77 West Houston St. $60/Slow Food Members, $65/non-members (reserve online).
7. The Lure of the Loire, Culinary Insiders will present pairings of wine and regional dishes from France's Loire Valley, Monday, September 25, 2006, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., at Divine Bar West, 236 West 54th Street. $65/members, $75/non-members (reserve online).
Strategize Your Kitchen, New York magazine's culinary editor Gillian Duffy will lead an evening of demonstrations by chef Francois Payard, entertaining tips from Donatella Arpaia of davidburke & donatella and Dona restaurants, and cocktail mixing, Tuesday, September 26, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at Broadway Panhandler, 65 East 8th Street. $25/person (reserve online). [This event has been canceled]
9. What to Eat, Marion Nestle, author of What to Eat, will discuss the complex food choices faced by the modern consumer, followed by a tasting of products from Murray's, Tuesday, September 26, 6:30p.m. to 8:00 p.m., at Murray's Cheese, 254 Bleecker Street. $50/person (212.243.3289, ext. 12).