1. The Aromatic & Edible Garden, Charles Day, the Garden Interpreter at Wave Hill, will lead a discussion and sampling of various relatives to ornamental onions, including garlic, chives, and leeks, on Wednesday, June 21, 6:30 p.m., at the Perkins Visitor Center at Wave Hill, West 249th Street and Independence Avenue, Bronx. Free with $4/person admission to grounds (718.549.3200).
2. Kitchen Secrets, New Yorker writer Bill Buford, joined by his mentor Mario Batali and chef/author Anthony Bourdain, will talk about his new book Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as a Kitchen Slave, Line Cook, Pasta Maker, and Apprentice to a Dante-Quoting Butcher in Tuscany, Wednesday, June 21, 7:00 p.m., at the New York Public Library's Celeste Bartos Forum, Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street. Free (212.930.0855).
3. Pair It Up, Pastryscoop.com will present a lecture on pairing cheese and wine, featuring Tim Solomon, assistant manager of Murray's Cheese, and Anthony Trincanello from Baron Francois wine, Thursday, June 22, 6:30 p.m., at the International Culinary Theater at the French Culinary Institute, 462 Broadway. $50 (plus a $2.50 service fee)/person (646.254.8542).
4. Gragnano Dinner, Downtown restaurant and winebar Aroma will host a four course meal paired with the new Gragnano to celebrate the arrival of the 2005 vintage of this sparkling red, Thursday, June 22, 7:30 p.m., Aroma Kitchen & Winebar, 36 East 4th Street. $65/person (212.375.0100)
5. Beach Burger Bash, Join blogs A Hamburger Today and Gothamist as they flip burgers on Water Taxi Beach, including regional favorites like the Elk Burger from Idaho and the Missouri Guber Burger, which is smothered in smooth peanut butter. Stick around for a screening of George Motz's film Hamburger America, Saturday, June 24, 6 p.m., Water Taxi Beach, 2nd Street and Borden Avenue, Long Island City, Queens. Free admission ($16 for any four burgers, $9 for any two).
Artisanal Asian Tea Tasting , Slow Food NYC will present a a comparative tasting of artisanal Asian green and oolong teas on Sunday, June 25, 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.. at the Flatiron Lounge, 37 W. 19 Street. $40/person (reservations at 212.727.7741). [event has been canceled]