1. Dine in Brooklyn, participating Brooklyn restaurants are serving three course meals for $20.06. The dining promotion continues through Tuesday, April 11.
2. Shad Bake, Savoy restaurant's special four course menu featuring shad and shad roe continues through Sunday, April 9. Get your shad on at Savoy, 70 Prince Street. $55/person or $75/person for dinner paired wines (212.219.8570).
3. Food & Fiction, the American Institute of Wine and Food will present a panel discussion on food and literature featuring Kate Christensen, author of The Epicure’s Lament and In the Drink, Paulette Licitra, Editor of Alimentum, Tim Stark, author and owner of Eckland Farms, and Fred Kaufman, Professor of English, CUNY, Wednesday, April 5, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at the New York City College of Technology, HM Department, Namm 215, Janet Leftler Dining Room, 300 Jay Street, Brooklyn. $15/person (718.229.6565).
4. Whisky Live, Whisky magazine will present a tasting event "intended to provide the ultimate whisky experience," Wednesday, April 5, 5:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., at Tavern on The Green. Central Park at West 67th Street. Visit whiskylive.com for more event and ticket pricing information.
5. Wedding Wine Tasting, The Greene Grape Downtown will hold a special tasting of crowd-pleasing red, white, and sparkling wines under $15, Thursday, April 6, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., 55 Liberty Street (212.406.9463).
6. Stinky Cheese, fromager Waldemar Albrecht will lead a discussion and tasting of washed-rind cheeses paired with wine, Thursday, April 6, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at the Artisanal Premium Cheese Center, 500 West 37th Street, 2nd Floor. $75/person (877.797.1200).
7. Chocolate Seder, MAKOR will present an all-chocolate mock Passover seder, Thursday, April 6, 7:00 p.m., at the Steinhardt Building, 35 West 67th Street. $18/person (212.415.5500).
8. Words of Honey, cheese specialist Sasha Davies from Murray's Cheese and Zeke Freeman from Bee Raw Honey will present a discussion and tasting of honey, April 6, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., at Red Flower, 13 Prince Street. Free (rsvp to [email protected] or 212.966.5301).