1. A Life Uncorked, wine writer Hugh Johnson will sign copies of his latest book, A Life Uncorked, Thursday, April 27, 5:00 p.m. at Astor Wines & Spirits, 399 Lafayette Street (212.674.7500).
2. Taste of the Lower East Side, annual tasting event featuring food and drink from more than 35 Lower East Side restaurants, benefiting the Grand Street Settlement's youth programs, Thursday, April 27, 7:00 to 11:00 p.m., at The Puck Building, 295 Lafayette Street. $120/person, tickets sold at the door (212.674.1740).
3. Sakura Matsuri, the Brooklyn Botanic Garden's annual cherry blossom festival will feature a number of workshops and demonstrations on Japanese food -- from tofu to green tea and sweets, Saturday, April 29, and Sunday, April 30, at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1000 Washington Avenue. Free, with admission to the Garden (718.623.7200).
4. Pippin Party, Slow Food NYC will host a day trip to the Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture to celebrate the planting of Newtown Pippin apple trees, the only American heirloom apples native to New York City, Saturday, April 29, 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. $25/Slow Food members, $35/non-members (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. jen@joe: A Collaboration of Art + Coffee, Joe the Art of Coffee will hold an opening reception for an exhibit of photographs from the jen bekman gallery, Sunday, April 30, 2:00 to 4:00 p.m., at Joe the Art of Coffee, 9 East 13th Street (212.924.7400).
6. Dining for Darfur, restaurants participating in this charity dine out event will donate five percent of their sales on Sunday, April 30, to support the International Rescue Committee’s humanitarian relief efforts in Darfur.
7. Taste of the Nation: New Jersey, Share Our Strength’s annual fundraising event, featuring dishes from more than 40 New Jersey restaurants, will take place on Monday, May 1, 6:00 p.m., at The Madison Hotel, One Convent Road, Morristown, New Jersey. $75/in advance, $85/at the door (973.772.4474).
8. Fifth Annual Calçotada, Savoy restaurant will celebrate the return of spring with its version of Northern Spain’s Calçotada, a traditional community-based festival, Tuesday, May 2, 6:00 p.m., at Savoy restaurant, 70 Prince Street. $75/person, plus tax and gratuity (212.219.8570).
9. The Cuisine of Queens & Beyond, annual festival featuring dishes from more than 45 restaurants, gourmet shops, bakeries, and wine and beer companies, Tuesday, May 2, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., at the Astoria World Manor, 25-22 Astoria Boulevard, Astoria. (718.777.7918).