1. From the Farm to the Farmer's Market, The New School will present a roundtable discussion on sustainable agriculture in the New York metropolitan region, Wednesday, April 19, 6:00 p.m., at The New School, 66 West 12th Street, Room 510. Free ([email protected]).
2. Adventures in the Spice Trade, The Stony Brook Center for Wine, Food, and Culture will present a discussion of the medieval spice trade led by Yale Professor Paul Freedman, along with a tasting of foods prepared by Suvir Saran, executive chef at Devi, Thursday, April 20, 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at Stony Brook Manhattan, 401 Park Avenue South at 28th Street.$55/person (631.632.9404).
3. Taste of Chinatown, Food festival featuring more than 50 Chinatown restaurants, tea houses, bakeries and specialty food shops, Saturday, April 22, 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., at Mott, Mulberry, Baxter, Bayard, Pell, Doyers, and Mosco Streets. $1.00 and $2.00 per tasting plate ([email protected]).
4. Greek Easter Lamb Roast and Midnight Feast, Estiatorio MILOS will roast 16 lambs to create a traditional midnight Greek Easter dinner, Saturday, April 22, at Estiatorio MILOS, 125 West 55th Street. $90/person (212.245.7400).
5. Chef Tasting Series, Appellation Wine and Spirits will present a tasting of dishes from Tia Pol restaurant paired with Sherry, Tuesday, April 25, 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., at Appellation Wine and Spirits, 156 10th Avenue. Free (register via email at [email protected] with subject "Tia Pol Tasting" and the time you would like to attend, or call 212.741.9474).
6. If You Knew Sushi Like We Know Sushi, former New York Times food critic Mimi Sheraton will moderate a panel discussion on Japanese culinary trends and the history and impact of Japanese food in the U.S., Tuesday, April 25, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., at the Asia Society, 725 Park Avenue, New York Cost: $30/members, $60 nonmembers (212.517.ASIA).
7. Cheese by Hand Benefit, Vintage New York will host a benefit and kickoff event for Cheese by Hand, a new documentary project on American artisanal cheesemaking, Tuesday, April 25, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at Vintage New York, 482 Broome Street. $75/person ([email protected]).