1. Shad Bake, Savoy restaurant is serving a special four course menu featuring shad and shad roe through Sunday, April 9, Savoy, 70 Prince Street. $55/person or $75/person for dinner paired wines (212.219.8570).
2. The Meatrix II: Revolting, the sequel to The Meatrix, the Webby-award winning animated short about factory farming, will hold its premiere on Wednesday, March 29, 6:00 p/m. to 7:00 p.m., at the Bowery Poetry Club, 308 Bowery. Free (212.614.0505).
3. Uncorking History: Champagne, Punch and other Luscious Libations in 19th Century New York, Professor David Wondrich, co-founder of the Museum of the American Cocktail in New Orleans, will discuss champagne and cocktail history, including a tasting, Thursday, March 30, 6:30 p.m., at the Mount Vernon Hotel Museum, 421 East 61st Street. $18/person, reservations recommended (212.838.6878).
4. Spices and the Medieval Culinary Aesthetic, the Culinary Historians of New York (CHNY) will present a discussion by Paul Freedman, Chairman of the History Department at Yale, on spices in medieval cooking, Tuesday, April 3, 7:30 p.m. reception, 8:00 p.m. lecture, at the National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park. CHNY members/$25, guests/$35 (212.334.1061).
5. Schools and Food: Innovation, Opportunity and Wellness, the Baum Forum and the Department of Continuing Education and Public Programs at The Graduate Center (CUNY) will present a series of panels and workshops on improving food in the schools, Saturday, April 1, 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., at he Graduate Center (CUNY), 34th Street and Fifth Avenue. $35/person, including lunch (212.817.8215).
6. Edible Landscaping, the New York Botanical Garden will present a course on gardening fruit- and vegetable-bearing plants on Saturday, April 1, 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., at the Stone Barns Center for Food & Agriculture, 630 Bedford Road, Pocantico Hills. $50/person (718.817.8747).
7. Wine Dinner, as part of a series of Monday night wine dinners, The Biltmore Room will present a five-course dinner paired with wines from the estate of Domaine Jean-Louis Chave in Hermitage, a wine appellation in France's northern Rhône Valley, Monday, April 3, 7:00 p.m., at The Biltmore Room, 290 Eighth Avenue. $165/person, excluding tax and gratuity (212.807.0111).
8. Dine in Brooklyn, participating Brooklyn restaurants will serve three course meals for $20.06, Monday, April 3, through Tuesday, April 11.