1. Winter Restaurant Week, participating New York City restaurants are serving three-course prix-fixe lunches for $24.07 and/or three-course dinners for $35.00 (beverage, tax, and gratuity not included) from Monday, January 23, to Friday, January 27, and Monday, January 30, to Friday, February 3. Online reservations are available at OpenTable.com.
2. Choucroute Month, Les Halles kicks off its annual month-long celebration of Choucroute on Wednesday, February 1. Each Les Halles restaurant will serve a variety of different Choucroutes, from classic Choucroute Garnie to a seafood Choucroute. Choucroute Month continues throughout February at Brasserie Les Halles & Market, 411 Park Avenue South (212.679.4111) and Brasserie Les Halles Downtown, 15 John Street (212.285.8585).
3. All About Fish: The Life Aquatic, fishmongers Ian MacGregor and Brendan Hayes of The Lobster Place will discuss the ins and outs of selecting, purchasing, and preparing seafood on Wednesday, February 1, 6:30 to 8:00 p.m., at Murray's Cheese, 254 Bleecker Street. $50/person (212.243.3289, ext. 25).
4. Sausage and Beer at Blue Hill at Stone Barns, sous chef Adam Kaye and Saw Mill River brewer Charles Ewen will present a five course tasting menu of fresh and cured sausages paired with locally brewed beers, Thursday, February 2, 6:30 p.m., at Blue Hill at Stone Barns, 630 Bedford Road, Pocantico Hills, New York. $95/person, excluding tax and gratuity (914.366.9600).
5. The Glory of Bordeaux, learn about wines from Bordeaux, including lesser-known vintages from neighboring regions, Friday, February 3, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Institute of Culinary Education, 50 West 23rd Street. $80/person (212.847.0722).
6. Piedmont Wine Dinner, Hearth will present a series of four weekly wine dinners focused on regional menus and pairings. The first dinner, featuring a menu inspired by the food and wine of Piedmont, Italy, will take place on Monday, February 6, 7:00 p.m., at Hearth, 403 East 12th Street. $150/person (646.602.1300).