1. Baking Chat, Pastryscoop.com will host an online chat with Melissa Murphy of Brooklyn's Sweet Melissa Patisserie, Wednesday, September 21, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
2. Harvest in the Square, the tenth annual fundraiser and tasting event at Union Square will be held on Thursday, September 22, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., at the Northern Plaza of Union Square Park. $85/person in advance, $95/person on the day of the event (212.460.1208).
3. Afternoon Tea & Tour: Where Pinkies Find their Purpose, a traditional English three-course afternoon tea will be served in the garden of the Merchant's House Museum, Sunday, September 25, 3:00 p.m., at the Merchant's House Museum, 29 East Fourth Street. $50/couple, additional guests $20 (212.777.1089).
4. Native Grapes of Southern Italy, a tasting of wine varietals from Southern Italy, including Falanghina, Fiano, Cesanese, Aglianico, Uva di Troia, Negroamaro, Inzolia, Nero d’Avola, and Gaglioppo, Monday, September 26, 6:30 p.m., at Vinoteca, 143 East 27th Street, between Lexington and Third Avenues $65/person (212.725.6516).
5. The Joy of Sake, sample 210 sakes at this tasting event billed as "the largest sake tasting event held outside of Japan," Tuesday, September 27, 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at The Puck Building, 295 Lafayette Street. $75/person (888.799.7242).
6. Restaurants for Relief, Share Our Strength, OpenTable.com, and Windows of Hope will present a national one-night "dine around" on Tuesday, September 27, to support the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Participating restaurants will designate a portion of proceeds from the the evening's sales to be donated to Share Our Strength’s Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund.