1. Circle of Taste, a series of special dinners and tasting events at the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle will continue from Monday, September 12, through Saturday, September 17. Full schedule of events at circleofttaste.com.
2. The Future of Food, a documentary film about the rise of genetically modified foods, will premier on Wednesday, September 14, at the Film Forum, 209 West Houston Street, with additional screenings through September 27 (212.727.8110).
3. New York State Wine & Cheese, pairings of cheese and wine produced in New York State, Wednesday, September 14, 6:30 to 8:00 p.m., at Murray's Cheese, 254 Bleecker Street. $50/person (212.243.3289, ext. 25).
4. The Global Food & Wine Experience: Bridging Cultures, Wines & Cuisine, tasting event benefiting the Black Culinarian Alliance, Thursday, September 15, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., at Chelsea Market, 75 9th Avenue. $45/person in advance, $60/person at the door (646.548.2949).
5. Autumn Moon Festival, get your moon cakes on at this annual holiday festival marking the 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar and the abundance of the summer harvest, Sunday, September 18, on Mott Street between Bayard and Canal Streets. The event will feature moon cake tastings and a "riddle contest," among other festivities. Free admission (212.484.1263).
6. 78th Annual Feast of San Gennaro, the annual street festival will begin Thursday, September 15, and continue through Sunday, September 25. Festivities include a Cannoli Eating Contest, to be held on Friday, September 16, from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m., at the Feast Stage at the intersection of Grand and Baxter Streets (212.226.6427).