1. Tomorrow's Classics, Creating Your Own Cocktails, the Museum of the American Cocktail will present a seminar on the art of cocktail creation, Wednesday, July 20, 5:30 to 7:00 p.m., at Ruth's Chris Steak House, 148 West 51st Street. $35/person in advance, $40/person at the door ([email protected]).
2. Porchetta Festival, roasted pig festival, Wednesday, July 20, 7:30 p.m., at Miss Williamsburg Restaurant, 206 Kent Ave., Brooklyn. Free (718.963.0802).
3. Fruit & Vegetables: What the Farmer Knows, Nina Planck, former director of NYC Greenmarket, will lead a discussion of the ins and outs of proper produce shopping, plus a wine, cheese, and tomato pairing, Wednesday, July 20, 6:30 to 8:00 p.m., at Murray's Cheese, 254 Bleecker Street. $50/person (212.243.3289, ext. 25).
4. Chefs & Champagne, annual food and wine event benefiting the James Beard Foundation will honor Michael Romano, executive chef/partner at Union Square Cafe, Saturday, July 23, 5:00 to 8:00 p.m., at WÃlffer Estate Vineyard, 139 Sagg Road, Sagaponack, Long Island. $200/person, $150/Foundation members (212.627.2308).
5. Blue Crab Festival, annual crab boil, Saturday, July 23, and Sunday, July 24, at The Minnow, 442 Ninth Street (at Seventh Avenue), Park Slope, Brooklyn. $30/person (718.832.5500).
Summer Restaurant Week, three-course lunches for $20.12 and three-course dinners for $35.00 (beverage, tax and gratuity additional) on weekdays at participating New York restaurants. The promotion continues through September 5.