1. Herring Festival, annual festival featuring fresh North Sea herring shipped daily to New York City from Scheveningen, The Netherlands, continues though Saturday, June 18, at the Grand Central Oyster Bar & Restaurant in Grand Central Terminal (212.490.6650).
2. Summer Restaurant Week, three-course lunches for $20.12 and three-course dinners for $35.00 (beverage, tax and gratuity additional) at participating New York restaurants. The promotion continues from Monday, June 20, through Friday, June 24, and Monday, June 27, through Friday, July 1.
3. Murray’s After Hours, Murray’s Cheese and Slow Food NYC will present a food, wine, and beer event benefiting the New York State Farmstead & Artisan Cheese Makers Guild Educational Programs on Wednesday, June 22, 8:15 to 10:15 p.m., at Murray’s Cheese, 254 Bleecker Street. $75/person in advance, $80/person at the door (tickets are available online at www.nycheese.org or by calling Sue Sturman at 516-883-7892).
4. Spanish Wine Festival 2005, taste more than 150 Spanish selections representing each of Spain’s wine regions at this event benefiting City Harvest, Thursday, June 23, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., at the Landmark on the Park, 160 Central Park West. $75/person (212.567.5500).
5. Summer Gourmet Food & Wine Tasting Benefit, Project by Project New York will present a food and wine tasting event to benefit End Child Prostitution, Child Pornography and Trafficking of Children for Sexual Purposes–USA (ECPAT-USA) on Friday, June 24, 7:00 to 10:00 p.m., at The Gallery Room in The Metropolitan Pavilion, 123 W. 18th Street, 4th floor. $75-$100/person.
1. Have You Eaten Yet? The Chinese Restaurant in America, an exhibit exploring the Chinese restaurant’s origin and growth in America and its cultural significance, at the Museum of Chinese in the Americas (70 Mulberry Street, 2nd Floor). The exhibit continues through June 2005. Suggested admission is $3 (212.619.4785).
2. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm, and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).