1. Herring Festival, annual festival featuring fresh North Sea herring shipped daily to New York City from Scheveningen, The Netherlands, continues though Saturday, June 18, at the Grand Central Oyster Bar & Restaurant in Grand Central Terminal (212.490.6650).
2. For the Main Course, A Blog, see food bloggers in the flesh at this panel discussion with Adam Kuban (Slice and A Hamburger Today), Alaina Browne (A Full Belly) and Josh Friedland (The Food Section [that's me]), moderated by food writer Andrea Strong, Thursday, June 16, 7:30 p.m., at Makor, Steinhardt Building, 35 West 67th Street. $12/person in advance, $15/person at the door (212.415.5500).
3. The Cultural Impact and Implications of Las Vegas on the American Table, a panel discussion with Ruth Reichl, Tom Colicchio, Mark Furstenberg, Fabio Parasecoli, and Brett Traussi on Las Vegas and its restaurants, presented by the American Institute of Wine and Food, Wednesday, June 15, 4:00 p.m., at the Fales Library at New York University, 70 Washington Square South. $30/person, $20/AIWF members (718.229.6565).
4. Porchetta Festival, roasted pig festival, Wednesday, June 15, 7:00 p.m., at Miss Williamsburg Diner, 206 Kent Ave., Brooklyn. Free (718.963.0802).
5. Taste of the Nation: Brooklyn, tasting event featuring samplings from Brooklyn restaurants, benefiting Share Our Strength, will take place on Thursday, June 16, 7:00 p.m., at the Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park in Brooklyn. $75/person in advance, $90/at the door (917.640.8953).
6. Exploring Iberia, tasting tour of cheeses from the Iberian Peninsula, Thursday, June 16, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at the Artisanal Cheese Center, 500 West 37th Street, 2nd Floor. $75/person (877.797.1200).
7. Maryland Crab Fest, Maryland blue crabs paired with wines, Thursday, June 16, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at the Institute of Culinary Education, 50 West 23rd Street. $80/person (212.847.0770).
8. Summer Restaurant Week, three-course lunches for $20.12 and three-course dinners for $35.00 (beverage, tax and gratuity additional) at participating New York restaurants. The promotion begins Monday, June 20, and continues through Friday, June 24 and Monday, June 27, through Friday, July 1.
1. Have You Eaten Yet? The Chinese Restaurant in America, an exhibit exploring the Chinese restaurant’s origin and growth in America and its cultural significance, at the Museum of Chinese in the Americas (70 Mulberry Street, 2nd Floor). The exhibit continues through June 2005. Suggested admission is $3 (212.619.4785).
2. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm, and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).