For the Main Course, A Blog, see food bloggers in the flesh at this panel discussion with Adam Kuban (Slice and A Hamburger Today), Alaina Browne (A Full Belly) and Josh Friedland (The Food Section [that's me]), moderated by food writer Andrea Strong, Thursday, June 16, 7:30 p.m., at Makor, Steinhardt Building, 35 West 67th Street. $12/person in advance, $15/person at the door (212.415.5500).
EVENTS THIS WEEK
1. Cakewalk at Grand Central Terminal, Brides magazine presents a "gallery exhibition of 50 exquisitely decorated wedding cakes created by premier sugar artists from across the United States," Tuesday, May 24, through Thursday, May 26, at Vanderbilt Hall, Grand Central Station. Free admission.
2. Find Your Soulmate, Harlem Vintage will present a tasting of wines paired with soul food, Wednesday, May 25, 7:00 p.m., at Amy Ruth’s Restaurant, 113 West 116th Street. $40/person (212.866.WINE).
3. 2005 Grand Wine Tasting, the Fulton Area Business Association will present a tasting event featuring wine and food from Fort Greene area restaurants, Thursday, May 26, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m., at the Lafayette Avenue Presbyterian Church, 85 South Oxford Street. $35/person in advance, $40/person at the door.
4. First Annual Schnack/Stahl-Meyer Hot Dog Eating Contest, competitors will race to consume a 30-inch long hot dog, Monday, May 30, 1:00 p.m., at Schnack, 122 Union Street, Brooklyn. Free beer and half-price hot dogs follow the Memorial Day competition from 2:00 p.m. until closing (718.855.2879).
1. Have You Eaten Yet? The Chinese Restaurant in America, an exhibit exploring the Chinese restaurant’s origin and growth in America and its cultural significance, at the Museum of Chinese in the Americas (70 Mulberry Street, 2nd Floor). The exhibit continues through June 2005. Suggested admission is $3 (212.619.4785).
2. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm, and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).