1. Beer Tasting Party, tasting of nine German beers paired with German food, Thursday, April 7, 7:00 to 10:00 p.m., at Loreley, 7 Rivington Street. $29/person (212.253.7077).
2. The Meaning of Food, a three-part television program exploring the culture of food -- from production to preparation -- will air its first installment on Thursday, April 7, 10 p.m., on PBS stations.
3. East Meets West Dinner, a three-course dinner will be held to raise funds for Culinary Institute of America students to to travel to Vietnam, Sunday, April 10, 6:30pm, at Django, 480 Lexington @ 46th Street. $125/person (212.473.7805).
4. Pinot and Pork, a tasting event featuring wine and swine, Monday, April 11, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at Ruby Falls, 609 West 29th Street.
$40/person $65/person benefiting Slow Food U.S.A. (866.562.7263).
5. Dine in Brooklyn, three-course meals for $19.55 at participating Brooklyn restaurants, beginning Monday, April 11, and continuing through Wednesday, April 20 (718.802.3846).
6. Exquisite Mushrooms, the American Museum of Natural History will present a discussion on mushrooms led by author Gary Lincoff and chef Amy Farges as part of its lecture series "Adventures in the Global Kitchen," Tuesday, April 12, 7:00 p.m., at Linder Theater, American Museum of Natural History, Central Park West at 79th Street. $15.00/person, $13.50/museum members, tastings included (212.769.5200).
7. A Taste of the Hudson River Valley, the Stony Brook University Center for Wine, Food and Culture will hold a tasting of wine and food from the Hudson River Valley, led by Waldy Malouf, chef at Beacon, Tuesday, April 12, 6:30 to 8:00 p.m., at Stony Brook Manhattan, 401 Park Avenue South at 28th Street (631.632.9404).
1. Have You Eaten Yet? The Chinese Restaurant in America, an exhibit exploring the Chinese restaurant’s origin and growth in America and its cultural significance, at the Museum of Chinese in the Americas (70 Mulberry Street, 2nd Floor). The exhibit continues through June 2005. Suggested admission is $3 (212.619.4785).
2. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm, and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).