Adventurous Eating, food writer and critic Gael Greene will moderate a discussion "about the world’s most unusual meals" with chefs Fergus Henderson, Mario Batali, and Lidia Bastianich on Wednesday, May 4, 8:00 p.m., at the 92nd Street Y, 92nd Street at Lexington Avenue. $25/person (212.415.5500).
EVENTS THIS WEEK
1. Sherry and Soup Tasting, tasting event presented by Women for WineSense, Wednesday, April 27, 6:30 p.m., at Pulse, 45 Rockefeller Center Plaza. $55/person, $45/Women for WineSense members (212.218.8666).
2. 15th Annual James Beard Foundation Awards Ceremony and Reception, annual awards ceremony will be held on Monday, May 2, at the New York Marriott Marquis. $300/person, $250/Foundation members (866.362.6442).
3. Beyond Farmers' Markets: Putting Food Systems on the Urban Map, the Baum Forum on Sustainable Food and Farming will present a four-part series of events on food systems and "how they interact with urban systems and assistance programs (such as land use, transportation, economic development, and public health), and their potential to improve or disrupt city life" beginning Tuesday, May 3, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., at The Graduate Center (CUNY) 34th Street and Fifth Ave. $25/session, $80/series (212.817.8215).
1. Have You Eaten Yet? The Chinese Restaurant in America, an exhibit exploring the Chinese restaurant’s origin and growth in America and its cultural significance, at the Museum of Chinese in the Americas (70 Mulberry Street, 2nd Floor). The exhibit continues through June 2005. Suggested admission is $3 (212.619.4785).
2. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm, and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).