1. The World Chocolate Show: An International Chocolate Extravaganza, for those who can't wait for the November Chocolate Show, the 92nd Street Y will present this preview and tasting event, Wednesday, March 16, 7:00 p.m., at the 92nd Street Y, 92nd Street at Lexington Avenue. $45/person (212.415.5500).
2. Wine Century Club Dinner and Wine Tasting, inaugural five-course dinner of the Wine Century Club, "a new organization devoted to oenophiles who’ve tried at least 100 different grape varieties," Wednesday, March 16, 7:00 p.m., at Lo Scalco, 313 Church Street. $95/person (917.348.3999).
3. A Sharp Way to Fight Hunger! Get your knives sharpened and support City Harvest at the same time, Saturday, March 19, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Broadway Panhandler, 477 Broome Street. $10/sharpen up to three knives (866-266-5927).
4. Dazzling Tuscan Reds, David Lynch, author and wine director at Babbo, will lead a tasting of Tuscan wines paired with, what else, Tuscan fare, Saturday, March 19, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m., at Macy's De Gustibus, Macy's Herald Square, 151 West 34th Street, 8th floor. $95/person (212.439.1714).
5. Sweet & Savory - Dessert Pairings with Cheese, pastry chef Pichet Ong of Spice Market and 66 will pair desserts with cheese at this discussion and tasting event, Monday, March 21, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at Murray's Cheese Shop, 254 Bleecker Street, between 6th and 7th Avenues. $50/person (212.243.3289, ext. 25).
6. Careers in Television - Behind the Set Information, the American Institute of Wine & Food (AIWF) will present a panel discussion on the world of food television, Monday, March 21, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m., at The French Culinary Institute, 462 Broadway. $15/person (718.229.6565).
1. Have You Eaten Yet? The Chinese Restaurant in America, an exhibit exploring the Chinese restaurant’s origin and growth in America and its cultural significance, at the Museum of Chinese in the Americas (70 Mulberry Street, 2nd Floor). The exhibit continues through June 2005. Suggested admission is $3 (212.619.4785).
2. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm, and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).