Happy Birdday, D'Artagnan, the purveyor of foie gras and organic game and poultry, will celebrate its 20th anniversary with a week's worth of events. Festivities, including a "Duckathlon," will take place from Sunday, February 20, through Monday, February 28.
VALENTINE'S DAY ROUND UPS
EVENTS THIS WEEK
1. Chocolate Chat, PastryScoop.com presents a live, online chat with Alison Nelson, co-owner of Chocolate Bar in the West Village, Wednesday, February 9, 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. Free.
2. Food on Film Salon, a film series at Makor exploring the intersection of gastronomy and cinema, continues on Thursday, February 10, with Chocolat (2000). Screening is at 7:30 p.m. at the Steinhardt Building, 35 West 67th Street, followed by a post-screening discussion and chocolate tasting with chef Suvir Saran of Devi. $15/person (212.601.1000).
3. Seasonal Accompaniments for Cheese, find out what to pair with cheese in winter, Thursday, February 10, 6:30 to 8:00 p.m., at the Artisanal Cheese Center, 500 West 37th Street at 10th Avenue, 2nd Floor. $75/person (877.797.1200).
4. A Night in Sicily, Italian wine dinner featuring cookbook author Anna Tasca Lanza from Sicily, Tuesday, February 15, 6:30 p.m. reception/7:30 p.m. dinner, at Bellavitae, 24 Minetta Lane. $95/person (212.473.5121).
1. Have You Eaten Yet? The Chinese Restaurant in America, an exhibit exploring the Chinese restaurant’s origin and growth in America and its cultural significance, at the Museum of Chinese in the Americas (70 Mulberry Street, 2nd Floor). The exhibit continues through June 2005. Suggested admission is $3 (212.619.4785).
2. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm, and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).