Thanksgiving Day Dining Out Round Ups
· Thanksgiving Day Reservations [New York Magazine]
· Turkey Take-Out [New York Magazine]
· Bye-Bye, Birdy [New York Post]
· Open on Thanksgiving [Manhattan User's Guide]
· Thanksgiving Options [strong buzz]
Events This Week
1. Grand Tasting 2004, annual wine tasting event benefiting City Harvest, Wednesday, November 17, 7:00 to 10:30 p.m., at The Puck Building, 295 Lafayette Street. $99 to $150/person (212.567.5500).
2. Beaujolais Nouveau Celebration, tasting event presented by the French Institute Alliance Française, Thursday, November 18, 5:30 to 7:00 p.m., at the Oyster Bar at Grand Central Station. $35/members, $45/non-members ( 212.307.4100).
3. Thanksgiving Barrel Tasting, food and wine tasting benefiting culinary scholarships at the New York Institute of Technology Culinary Arts Center, Sunday, November 21, 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., at Peconic Bay Winery, 31320 Main Road, Cutchogue, New York. $75/person (631.734.7361).
4. The Compleat Squash, discussion with horticulturist and author Amy Goldman, Sunday, November 21, 3:00 to 4:30 p.m., at the Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture, 630 Bedford Road, Pocantico Hills, New York. Free (914.366.6200).
1. Have You Eaten Yet? The Chinese Restaurant in America, an exhibit exploring the Chinese restaurant’s origin and growth in America and its cultural significance, at the Museum of Chinese in the Americas (70 Mulberry Street, 2nd Floor). The exhibit continues through June 2005. Suggested admission is $3 (212.619.4785).
2. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm, and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).