1. 7th Annual Chocolate Show, Thursday, November 11, through Sunday, November 14, at the Metropolitan Pavilion & Altman Building, 125 West 18th Street. $20/person (866.CHOCNYC).
2. 12th Annual Canstruction Competition, display of winning designs of sculptures made from cans of food, benefiting the Food Bank of New York City, Thursday, November 11, to Wednesday, November 24, at the New York Design Center, 200 Lexington Avenue (at 33rd Street). Price of admission is one can of food.
3. End of the Harvest "East Ender" Excursion, tour and tasting at Long Island's Bedell Cellars, Saturday, November 13, 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. $100/person (212.289.3543).
4. The Future of Food, a documentary film about genetically modified food, will be shown Saturday, November 13, 5:45 p.m., at the Margaret Mead Film & Video Festival at the American Museum of Natural History, 79th Street and Central Park West (212.769.5305).
5. Bangers and Beer, Savoy Restaurant and Brooklyn Brewery present an evening of cask conditioned beers paired with house made sausages, Monday, November 15, at Savoy, 70 Prince Street. $65/person (212.219.8570).
6. RAW TALENT: America's Ham Artisans Take On Europe's Masters, exhibit and tasting of American and European hams, presented by the American Museum of Food, Sunday, November 14, through Tuesday, November 16, at the International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, 655 West 34th Street.
7. Wine and Food Pairings for Thanksgiving Dinner, tasting event hosted by writer Alan Richman and Lettie Teague, Wine Editor, Food & Wine, presented by Women for WineSense, Tuesday, November 16, 6:15 p.m., at 3 West Club, 3 West 51 Street. $55/members, $65/non-members (reserve on-line)
1. Have You Eaten Yet? The Chinese Restaurant in America, an exhibit exploring the Chinese restaurant’s origin and growth in America and its cultural significance, at the Museum of Chinese in the Americas (70 Mulberry Street, 2nd Floor). The exhibit continues through June 2005. Suggested admission is $3 (212.619.4785).
2. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm, and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).