Eating & Drinking, A Tasting Celebration, sample food from more than 35 restaurants at Time Out New York's annual restaurant tasting event, Monday, October 4, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., at Splashlight Studios, 529 West 35th Street (between Tenth and Eleventh Avenues). $75/person (646.432.3012).
Events This Week:
1. Sagra di Maiale, an outdoor pig festival featuring heritage pork from North Carolina and the first New York State apples, Wednesday, September 22, 1:00 to 7:00 p.m., at Il Buco, 47 Bond Street. $7/tasting (212.533.1932).
2. Harvest in the Square, food and wine tasting event in Union Square Park, benefiting the Union Square Partnership, Thursday, September 23, 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., at Union Square Park. $85/advance, $95/at the door (212.239.6200).
3. P.J. Clarke's 120th Birthday Celebration, "America’s quintessential saloon" celebrates its 120th year with 120 cent hamburgers, Sunday, September 26, 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 a.m., at P.J. Clarke's, 915 Third Avenue (212.317.1616).
4. Oustanding in the Field, dinner at Quail Hill Farm in Amagansett, Long Island, with menu by guest chef Seth Caswell of Nick & Toni's, Sunday, September 26, 3:00 to 7:30 p.m. $130/person (1.877.886.7409).
5. Secret Tomato Lovers Society Dinner, reception and dinner featuring a tasting of heirloom tomatoes, presented by the American Institute of Wine and Food, Monday, September 27, 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at Village, 62 West Ninth Street. $65/members, $70/non-members (718.229.6565).
6. From Hokkaido to Kyushu: Regionality in the Sake World, lecture and tasting led by sake expert John Gauntner, Tuesday, September 28, 6:30 p.m., at The Japan Society, 333 East 47th Street. Tickets: $25; Japan Society members & seniors $20. Attendance is limited, and advanced reservation is required (212.752.3015).
1. Have You Eaten Yet?: The Chinese Restaurant in America, an exhibit exploring the Chinese restaurant’s origin and growth in America and its cultural significance, at the Museum of Chinese in the Americas (70 Mulberry Street, 2nd Floor). The exhibit continues through June 2005. Suggested admission is $3 (212.619.4785).
2. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm, and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).