Coming Up: Outdoor Pig Fest:
Sagra di Maiale, an outdoor pig festival featuring heritage pork from North Carolina and the first New York State apples, Wednesday, September 22, 1:00 to 7:00 p.m., at Il Buco, 47 Bond Street. $7/tasting (212.533.1932).
Events This Week:
1. Have You Eaten Yet?: The Chinese Restaurant in America, an exhibit exploring the Chinese restaurant’s origin and growth in America and its cultural significance, opens this week at the Museum of Chinese in the Americas (70 Mulberry Street, 2nd Floor) and continues through June 2005. Suggested admission is $3 (212.619.4785).
2. Potato Festival, featuring potato peeling and mashed potato eating contests, Saturday September 18, and Sunday, September 19, 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., at Heaven Hill Farm, 451 Rt. 94, Vernon, New Jersey. $7/adults, $5.00/children under 12 (973.764.5144).
3. New Hampshire: A Study in Agricultural and Culinary Innovation, lecture by writer Helen Brody presented by the Culinary Historians of New York, Monday, September 20, 6:30 p.m. reception/7:00 p.m. program, at The Culinary Loft, 515 Broadway, Suite 5A. Members/$25, Guests/$30 (212.334.4175).
4. Sixth Annual Artisanal Sake Dinner, featuring a nine-course menu paired with rare, artisanal sake, Monday, September 20, and Tuesday, September 21, at Chanterelle, 2 Harrison Street. $275/person, tax and gratuity included (212.966.6960).
1. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm, and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).