1. The Ultimate Cocktail Class, hands-on instruction in cocktail mixing, Wednesday, July 28, 7:30 p.m., at the Morrell Wine Store, 1 Rockefeller Plaza at 49th Street. $75/person (212.688.9370).
2. How to Throw a Meze Party, demonstration and wine pairing with Susanna Hoffman, author of The Olive & the Caper, benefiting the American Institute of Wine and Food, Wednesday, July 28, 5:30 to 7:00 p.m., at Goldman Associates Luxury Showroom, 150 East 58th Street, 8th Floor. $25/members, $35/guests (718.229.6565).
3. American Cheese Society Finalists, tasting of award-winning cheeses from the American Cheese Society's annual competition, Thursday, July 29, 6:30 to 8:00 p.m., at the Artisanal Cheese Center, 500 West 37th Street at 10th Avenue, 2nd Floor. $75/person (877.797.1200).
1. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm, and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).
2. Beer Garden at the Brooklyn Historical Society, every Friday, 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., through August 27, at the Brooklyn Historical Society, 128 Pierrepont Street, Brooklyn. The Beer Garden is part of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall," an exhibition on the history of brewing in Brooklyn, on view through October 16 (718.222.4111).