Bastille Day Events:
1. Les Halles Liberty Festival, a day-long street party on John Street, featuring "Bastille Races" between waitstaff and other festivities, Wednesday, July 14, 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., at Brasserie Les Halles Downtown, 15 John Street at Broadway (212.285.8585).
2. Bastille Day at Gavroche, a three-course prix-fixe menu including champagne and accordion music, Wednesday, July 14, 7:00 p.m., at Gavroche, 212 West 14th Street, between 7th and 8th Avenues. $25/person, reservations recommended (212.647.8553).
More Events This Week:
1. Spain: Land of 100 Cheeses, cheese tasting hosted by Spain's "Cheese Ambassador," Enric Canut, Wednesday, July 14, 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., at the Artisanal Cheese Center, 500 West 37th Street at 10th Avenue, 2nd Floor. $75/person (877.797.1200).
2. Italian Regional Wine & Cheese Tasting, tasting of 12 different wines and 12 cheeses presented by Cucina Italiana and Morrell & Company, Thursday, July 15, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at the Italian Culinary Center, 302 5th Avenue, 9th Floor. $50/person, advance reservations required (212.725.8764 ext. 25).
3. 2nd Annual Grill Kings BBQ Cook-Off, competitive grilling, Saturday, July 17, at Eisenhower Park, East Meadow. Attendance is free.
4. National Ice Cream Day, celebrate with single-scoop vanilla cones for 25 cents, Sunday, July 18, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., at Ciao Bella Gelato Café, 27 East 92nd Street (212.831.5555). [via New York Times print edition]
5. Modern Mexican Cuisine, Pampano chef/owner Richard Sandoval will be joined by Guillermo Gonzalez Beristain of Pangea in Monterrey, Mexico, to create a five-course tasting menu with wine pairings from Mexico, Monday, July 19, at Pampano, 209 East 49th Street. $99/person (212.751.4545).
1. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm, and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).
2. Beer Garden at the Brooklyn Historical Society, every Friday, 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., through August 27, at the Brooklyn Historical Society, 128 Pierrepont Street, Brooklyn. The Beer Garden is part of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall," an exhibition on the history of brewing in Brooklyn, on view through October 16 (718.222.4111).