1. Taste of the Lower East Side, a sampling of food from 25 area restaurants to benefit the Grand Street Settlement, Thursday, April 15, 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., at Orensanz Center for the Arts, 172 Norfolk Street between East Houston Street and Stanton Street. $85 to $300/person (212.674.1740, ext. 287).
2. Dine in Brooklyn, $18.98 prix-fixe menus at participating Brooklyn restaurants, Thursday, April 15 to Thursday, April 22 (718.802.3846).
3. Foodie, a six-course Spring menu paired with 1994 Bordeaux, Sunday, April 18, 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., at Gallery A, 12 Avenue A (between 1st and 2nd Streets). $200/person, advance reservations required (contact: [email protected]).
4. Pinot and Pork, a tasting of pork dishes and pinot noir, benefiting Slow Food, Monday, April 19, 7:00 p.m. to 900 p.m., at The Plaza (Fifth Avenue at Central Park South). $65/person, $55/Slow Food Members (866.KOBRAND).
5. Grand Gourmet: The Flavor of Midtown, tasting of food from Midtown establishments, benefiting Grand Central Neighborhood Social Services, Monday, April 19, 7:30 p.m., at Grand Central Terminal’s Vanderbilt Hall. $75/person in advance, $85/person at the door (212.239.6200).
6. Valhrona Chocolate Tasting, sponsored by the American Institute of Wine and Food (AIWF), Tuesday, April 20, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., at The Ritz-Carlton Battery Park, 2 West Street. $40/AIWF members, $45/non-members.
1. A Distant View, an exhibition of photographs by Martha Carroll of the Parisian market Les Halles, March 29 through May 14 at La Maison Francaise, New York University, 16 Washington Mews (212.998.8750).
2. Chocolate, Coffee, Tea, a special exhibition of the utensils developed to serve these products when they were introduced through trade in the 17th century, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street. The exhibition closes July 11, 2004 (212.535.7710).
3. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).
4. My Kitchen Wars, a one-woman play based on the life of food writer Betty Fussell, March 5 through May 1, at the 78th Street Theater Lab, 236 West 78th St. at Broadway. $35/person (212.873.9050).