1. A Night of Wine and Chocolate, a multi-course all-chocolate dinner prepared by Frederic Bau, author of Au Coeur des Saveurs, and Andrew Chase, Wednesday, March 3, 7:00 p.m. at The Mark. $85/person (212.879.1864 for reservations).
2. Red Wine and Cheese Pairing, Thursday, March 4, 6:30 p.m., at the Artisanal Cheese Center, 500 West 37th Street (at 10th Avenue), 2nd floor. $75/person (877.797.1200).
3. Celebrating the Best the East End Has to Offer, a Slow Food benefit dinner prepared by Chef Eric Ripert featuring wines and foods from Long Island producers, Monday, March 8, 6:00 p.m., at Le Bernardin, 155 West 51st Street. $350/person (212.965.5640).
4. The Art of Pairing Italian Wines with Food, tasting of Italian wines and food, part of the "Tuesdays at Taste" wine tasting series, Tuesday, March 9, 6:00 p.m., at Taste Restaurant & Wine Bar (at Eli's Manhattan), 1413 3rd Ave (at 80th Street). $75/person (212.717.1999 for reservations).
1. 10th Annual Iberian Festival, featuring guest chefs cooking the regional cuisines of Spain, continues through Friday, March 5, at the Roger Smith Hotel, 501 Lexington Avenue (212.755.1400, ext. 305).
2. Chocolate, Coffee, Tea, a special exhibition of the utensils developed to serve these products when they were introduced through trade in the 17th century, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street. The exhibition closes July 11, 2004 (212.535.7710).