1. Red Persimmons, a Japanese film about persimmon farming and production, Wednesday, March 31, through Tuesday, April 6, at the Film Forum, 209 West Houston Street (212.727.8110).
2. Sustainable Seafood Solutions, a panel discussion and tasting sponsored by Slow Food USA, Thursday, April 1, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., at the French Culinary Institute (462 Broadway, 2nd floor). $65/Members, $75/Non-members (212.965.5640).
3. Four-Course Single Malt Scotch Dinner, Thursday, April 1, 7:15 p.m., at Nick & Stef's Steakhouse, 9 Pennsylvania Plaza (Eighth Avenue and 33rd Street). $75/person (212.563.4444).
4. Italian Vineyard Pairings: Vino e Formaggio, wine and cheese tasting, Saturday, April 3, 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., at Italian Wine Merchants (108 East 16th Street). $75/person (212.473.2323).
1. A Distant View, an exhibition of photographs by Martha Carroll of the Parisian market Les Halles, March 29 through May 14 at La Maison Francaise, New York University, 16 Washington Mews (212.998.8750).
2. Chocolate, Coffee, Tea, a special exhibition of the utensils developed to serve these products when they were introduced through trade in the 17th century, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street. The exhibition closes July 11, 2004 (212.535.7710).
3. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).