1. Cheese Lovers' Ultimate Indulgence, a course on cooking with cheese taught by Micol Negrin, Wednesday, March 17, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., at Grace's Marketplace, 1237 Third Avenue (at 71st Street). $150/person (917.602.1519).
2. Beer Tasting, featuring 12 German imported beers and including dinner, Friday, March 19, 7:00 to 10:00 p.m., at Loreley, 7 Rivington Street (between Bowery and Chrystie Street). $27/person (212.253.7077).
3. The Brilliance of Barolo, a tasting led by David Lynch, Wine Director at Babbo, Monday, March 22, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m., at Italian Wine Merchants, 108 East 16th Street. $95/person (212.473.2323).
4. Foods of the Silk Road: Carousing and Consuming, an Original Asian Diversity, a lecture sponsored by the Culinary Historians of New York, Tuesday, March 23, 6:30 p.m. reception/7:00 p.m. program, at the China Institute, 125 East 65th Street. Members/$25, Guests/$30 (212.334.4175).
1. Thiebauds, an exhibition of photographs by Sharon Core that reenact food paintings by artist Wayne Thiebaud, through March 22 at Bellwether, 335 Grand Street, Brooklyn (718.387.3701).
2. Chocolate, Coffee, Tea, a special exhibition of the utensils developed to serve these products when they were introduced through trade in the 17th century, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street. The exhibition closes July 11, 2004 (212.535.7710).
3. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).