1. Beer & Sausage: A Local Tradition, beer and sausage pairing featuring Garrett Oliver of Brooklyn Brewery, Sunday, March 14, at Blue Hill, 75 Washington Place. $55/dinner, $35/beer pairing (212.539.1776 for reservations).
2. Second Avenue Deli will celebrate its Fiftieth Anniversary on Monday, March 15. From 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., prices will be rolled back to 1954 levels. 156 Second Avenue (212.677.0606). [via New York Times, New York Post]
3. Introduction to Wine & Cheese Pairing, Tuesday, March 16, 6:30 p.m., at the Artisanal Cheese Center, 500 West 37th Street (at 10th Avenue), 2nd floor. $75/person (877.797.1200).
1. Thiebauds, an exhibition of photographs by Sharon Core that reenact food paintings by artist Wayne Thiebaud, through March 22 at Bellwether, 335 Grand Street, Brooklyn (718.387.3701).
2. Chocolate, Coffee, Tea, a special exhibition of the utensils developed to serve these products when they were introduced through trade in the 17th century, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street. The exhibition closes July 11, 2004 (212.535.7710).
3. Cookin': A Sizzling Entertainment, "a fast-paced kitchen percussion show combining comedy, rhythm and non-verbal performance," at the Minetta Lane Theatre, 18 Minetta Lane (212.420.8000).