Food Events in New York City
1. Pickles and Cheese: Preserved in Tradition, a tasting of, well, pickles and cheese, Wednesday, January 14, 6:30 p.m. at the Artisanal Cheese Center, 500 West 37th Street (at 10th Avenue), 2nd floor. $75/person (877.797.1200).
2. The Making of a Great Chef, a discussion with chefs Daniel Boulud and David Bouley moderated by Leonard Lopate, Thursday, January 15, 8:15 p.m., at the 92nd Street Y, 92nd Street at Lexington Avenue. $25/person (212.415.5500). [sold out]
3. Beer Tasting Event, featuring five "tasting courses," Friday, January 16, 7:00 p.m., at Loreley, 7 Rivington Street. $15/person (212.253.7077). [via VittlesVamp]
4. Foods of the Veneto, a workshop with Julia della Croce, author of Veneto: Authentic Recipes from Venice and the Italian Northeast (Chronicle Books), Saturday, January 17, 10:00 a.m., at the James Beard Foundation, 167 West 12th Street. $50/members, $60/guests (212.627.2308).
5. The Silk Road Through Kings County: Ethnic Food Manufacturing in Brooklyn, a panel discussion about ethnic foods produced in Brooklyn, Sunday, January 18, 3:00 to 4:30 p.m., at the Brooklyn Historical Society, 128 Pierrepont Street, Brooklyn Heights (718-222-4111). [via New York Times print]