Food Events in New York City
1. Food Forum: Edo Culture and the Essence of Japanese Cuisine, a lecture and tasting of traditional Japanese foods from the Edo period, 6:30 p.m., Thursday, December 4, at the Japan Society, 333 East 47th Street. $15/non-members, $10/members (212.832.1155).
2. Cooking Demonstration with Waldy Malouf, Chef/Co-Owner, Beacon Restaurant, 3:00 p.m., Saturday, December 6, at Broadway Panhandler, 477 Broome Street. Free (212.966.3434). [via Pastry Scoop]
3. First Annual Ginger-Beard House Decorating Extravaganza and Cocktail Party, Sunday, December 7, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., at The James Beard House, 167 West 12th Street. Members/$60, guests/$70 (212.627.2308). [via Gayot]
4. Six course sake dinner at Tocqueville restaurant, 15 E. 15th Street, Sunday, December 7, 6:30 p.m., $125/person (212.868.2093) [via LocalWineEvents]
5. "Food in Art and Art in Food," a lecture by Peter Rose on the food and drink seen in paintings by the 17th century Dutch masters, hosted by the Culinary Historians of New York, 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, December 9 at the Horticultural Society of New York, 128 West 58th Street. Members $25. (212.334.4175). [via Food History News]