1. Friuli New York 2003, a celebration of the food and wine of Friuli in northeast Italy, begins on Thursday, September 25, and continues through October 13. Multiple tastings and special menu offerings at New York City restaurants and markets (see calendar).
2. A Moveable Feast: Family Style, offered by The New Yorker, featuring food from WD-50, Savoy, Fleur de Sel, among other restaurants, Thursday, September 25, Chelsea Art Museum (556 West 22nd Street at 11th Avenue), $100-150/person (866.468.7619).
3. Chile Pepper Fiesta at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Sunday, September 28, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. (718.623.7200), $5. [via flavorpill]
4. The Great Match: Wine and Tapas 2003, a tasting of Spanish wines and tapas, at the Regent Wall Street Hotel (55 Wall Street), Monday, September 29, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., $70/person (866.849.8703).
5. Tasting of the artisanal cheeses of Portugal on Monday, September 29, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the Artisanal Cheese Center, 500 West 37th Street (at 10th Avemue), 2nd Floor, $75/person (877.797.1200).
6. Third Annual Taste of Wall Street, featuring food and wine from Danube, Le Zinc, and Salt, among other restaurants, Tuesday, September 30, 6 to 10 p.m., at the Regent Wall Street Hotel (55 Wall Street), $150/person.