1. Cheese and Spanish wine tasting at the Artisanal Cheese Center (500 West 37th Street, entrance on 10th Avenue, 2nd Floor), Thursday, August 21, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
2. Barefoot Grape Stomping Party, Friday, August 22, at the Four Sisters Winery, located on County Route 519, 3 miles North of Route 46 and 6 miles South of Interstate 80, Exit 12, in Belvidere, New Jersey. $30 per person, including buffet meal. For reservations call (908) 475-3671. [via Trenton Times]
3. Heaven Hill Farm's annual Sweet Corn Festival on Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m, 451 Route 94, Vernon, New Jersey (973-764-5144). [via Daily News]
4. Taste sweet corn and pancetta risotto at Craft, 43 East 19th Street. [via New York Times]
5. Visit the new Cafe Botanica at the Chinese Scholar's Garden at the Staten Island Botanical Garden at Snug Harbor. [via New York Times]